Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chase is over

Looks like its time to give up the chase for supernova elite. I have lost over 30% of my roll this year and have run significantly under ev. I am definitely not playing my best this month (right around break-even poker), but I am down $5,000 and the month is barely 10 days old. My goal to get supernova elite definitely cost me a ton of money and killed my desire to play poker.

When I started the year, I enjoyed grinding out the 5k VPP or more days, but now I dont even want to grind out 2k VPP days. If this is my attitude 10% of the way to SNE, I think its safe to say I don't have the mindset to make it all the way.

I will spend the extra time I have now looking at getting a real job and / or applying to graduate school.

4 comments:

  1. @Chase is over

    Here's to hoping you made the best decision for you, & don't regret it/try to get 600k VPP's from Sept/Dec (I just assume this would suck).

    @I will spend the extra time I have now looking at getting a real job and / or applying to graduate school.

    Good luck on whichever one of these best fits into your life goals. I hate to sound stupid, but graduate school is like getting a Masters/PHD in a given field? More info appreciated, & I hope you keep the blog up even if you have to change the name :)

    GLGL, & enjoy your new found freedom (if only for a little while).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah sorry for the runbad. Perhaps if you hadn't run so bad you wouldn't be as beaten down. But from your tone I suspect this is the right move for you at this time. Glglglgl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is news to me. Now that you've given up on SNE that means you have no excuse for being on the computer 11 hours a day and not hanging with us in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :(

    damn, i was sure u could make it...

    i guess a downswing of 20-60 buy ins, isn´t that unnormal and imo not a reason to say i instaquit my year plans! u played not 1.5 month of 12month finaly, i guess there much enough time to take it back! take some days off, i know this sucks to hear and to make it, i hate it by myself as well, but it realy helps u when u quit fucking poker for a week or so.

    whatever you do, Gl with it

    ReplyDelete